The Center for Studies and Research to Promote Learning for Students with Communication and/or Language Disorder is primarily for teachers, students, and caregivers.
They will find resources and information about research conducted by three professors specialized in educational interventions aimed at children with developmental disorders (Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disabilities, Dysphasia) but not exclusively.
Delphine Odier-Guedj Céline Chatenoud Jean Horvais present on this site the various research carried out with their collaborators in Quebec, Canada and internationally (France, Belgium, Switzerland, New Caledonia, and New Zealand)
- The challenge of children’s schooling is to reconcile educational ambitions with school objectives.
- To make this possible teachers should keep in mind the singularity of the subject and its educational needs in order to avoid situations that produce socialization without teaching or, conversely, teaching without socialization.
- In this regard, the objectives of schooling must neither solely privilege relational learning (Relational learning is a complex form of learning that involves the relations among individual stimuli; includes spatial learning, episodic learning and observational learning), nor an accumulation of knowledge without language. Any child whatsoever needs to learn to read, write, count, speak, and interact in different social spheres.
Delphine Odier-Guedj is responsible for an interactional analysis laboratory at UQAM, which makes remote work accessible to researchers and practitioners engaged in research projects (remote corpus analysis, secure data sharing, development of an electronic Database of work-related information, etc.).
The research infrastructure at the UQAM is twofold:
1. Portable equipment for filming (3 or 4 cameras depending on the kit)
2. Fixed equipment in the laboratory but remotely accessible to store and analyze audio and video documents and have access to the database.
3. A Nonverbal analysis software called PANDA (platform for the analysis of audio-visual documents).
This project is based on the observation data collection of interaction situations particularly, in professional environment and, more specifically, in the classes. Two types of portable systems can do recording by video: the first one only from a precise viewing angle, the second one offers variable points of view.
Should you need more information, please contact us through the formulaire de contact.